Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring!




I love the colors of spring in North Carolina. Some years the azaleas get in trouble with the frost and a few did this year - but one of my bright pink bushes has been beautiful. Rick gave me a pink dogwood several years ago and it has finally gotten big enough to bloom and you to be able to really see it. It has been wonderful to see. I have a lot of things I would like to do to my yard, and each year we plan for this to be the year, but it is doubtful once again. Maybe in the fall....but for now I am enjoying my azaleas and dogwoods. I have wild white ones spotted around the perimeter of our property.

I bought a few flowers this weekend and planted my hanging baskets and other planters on my porch. I have more I hope to do another day. I can only get so many flowers at one time when I go to the nursery. On Friday there was so many people they couldn't get the flowers restocked fast enough. People were waiting in line for them to bring the flowers from the back greenhouses!

2 comments:

  1. Shellie...love the dogwoods! I've got some pictures of mine that I need to blog about later today. So fun to see everything come to life again. I love this time of year. It's starting to look like a jungle out there again finally. It was a LONG winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this tree...Sierra says as we leave...LOOK! Its PINK!

    ReplyDelete