Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas 2009








I am delinquent in posting about our fun Christmas. We almost had everyone home and were sad Jill couldn't join us. We so enjoyed our time with Joseph, Katie and Claire. In December I asked the family to send me their wish lists for me to compile and send back out to everyone. On Daniel's list he wanted snow and to go skiing while JW and family were here. It started snowing on Friday afternoon before Rick was to go to Raleigh to pick up our BYU crew. Their plane was late and the drive home that normally took 1 hr and 15 took 2 1/2. They made it safely. Daniel was so excited that Joseph and Katie brought the snow (they had his name this year). Joseph played outside throwing snowballs, sledding and cleaning off the neighbor's driveway. After Christmas the kids all went skiing (except Katie, who was under the weather). I saw a paper Daniel wrote after Christmas for school and he said it was the "BEST DAY EVER". I regrettably didn't have anyone take a picture of all of us. I got a new Camera for Christmas so I can take pictures again. Thanks L & J! Daniel and I also each got bikes. He has been anxious for us to go on a big ride, but I can't make it up the hill going around the block. It will take some time and the weather isn't cooperating. Some of our Christmas activities: FREEZING ride through the Festival Lights, Christmas at Grandmama and Deda's with the Smith's, the kids had a sibling game night, the married kids went to Grandmama and Deda's for dinner, the kids went skiing, breakfast with the Brewer side of the family, and a trip to the Children's Museum. I cooked a lot and we all ate a lot and just had a grand time. My favorite part was watching all the grandkids playing together. The Bells loved playing with Claire.

1 comment:

  1. your grand-kids sure look like they had a fun time last christmas!
    -Morgan Long

    ReplyDelete