Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Rick

Check out his dress. I wish we had a picture without him yawning so we could see how many babies looked like him.

Birthday week continues--we had a party for Paige yesterday- her mother will post pictures for that one. Rick's birthday is today. It is the 30th celebration of his 29th birthday (or something like that). After days of asking, he finally gave me his "menu" for his birthday meal--pork chops, these nice thick ones that his mother used to fix, turnip greens, creamed corn, and corn bread (fixed in the oven in an iron skillet). His cake with the Smith family strawberry cake. Rick's dad came over and Jacob joined us - so it was a small gathering, but he seemed to enjoy it. Daniel was somewhat excited about the cake - mainly because I didn't have any candles and we used sparklers. It definitely wasn't the same as having the grandchildren here! Rick has always said he married me for the strawberry cake.....so he gets it either for Valentine's Day or his birthday every year. I wander how many he has had???????


Happy Birthday Rick - I love you and appreciate all of your hard work for our family. You are the best!!!! I couldn't make it each and every day without you.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved this picture of Dad! I love you daddy!

    ReplyDelete