Sunday, August 26, 2012

T-shirt quilt

 
 
A friend/co-worker asked me at the end of the school year if I would be willing to make a t-shirt quilt for her High School graduate.  I had not done one before, but knew I could.  But like most things I do for other people, and especially for money....I stressed about it.  I had two baby quilts to do before I would even start it, but there was a deadline.  I finished Evie's quilt and got it mailed, got Declan's quilt put together (quilting still in progress) and knew it was time to get started.  The worst part was having to decide which t-shirt to use in the squares.  Viki had narrowed down the shirts, but we didn't want the quilt to be too huge.  I found several tutorials on-line, looked at how different ones were done, and came up with a plan.  Viki picked out a plaid flannel for the back and we decided on a navy to strip it in.  I did three rows of 5 shirts down the middle with  a row of half shirts, turned side ways down each side.  I then machine quilted it.  It turned out well and Viki seemed to like and she said her son liked it too.  I was very glad when it was done.

1 comment: